Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Do not worry

Marinda Hsu
English IS ll
Ms. Guerino
2015.10.27
         
                                            Do no worry 

After reading Sookan's feeling and experience when she first arrived to the U.S. I immediately related the event to myself because it is really similar to mine when I first arrive to the U.S for high school. I remembered the day holding on to huge luggages with my mom and brother in the airport back in Taiwan. I was looking forward and excited to be in New York for a few days with my mom and brother. I was not thinking about school, I thought it would be just like my bilingual school in Taiwan with no big differences. I was focusing on my phone to use some time left in Taiwan with Internet to say goodbye to my friends, I would definetly miss them so much, my father, too. I remembered well about that afternoon before me, my mother and my brother went in the gate. Three of my best friends went to the airport and surprised me; My grandparents were there with food; My aunt, uncle and my favorite sister cousin also went to the airport to say goodbye to me. We will still see eachother within a year when summer and Christmas comes, but I felt that we were never going to see eachother since all of these people that went to the airport for me, we were always together. It is hard to not feel sad, but I tried my best to smiled and bantered with them to make them feel that my decision going to the U.S. is correct and bright. I tried to pull my tears back into my eyes, I did not cried that afternoon. 
             After a few lovely, adventurous days me and my mother, brother have in Manhattan, New York, the day for registration of school came. I remembered that day when I woke up and felt the sa,e feeling I had when I was in the airport saying goodbye to my friends and family. I was glad that my mom came with me so my first longest flight was not that scary and lonely. The ride from our hotel in Manhattan to is about 2 hours. Within the two hours, I could not fell a sleep and was thinking about everything that happened. If I can not even do my own food orders in New York, If I can not understand what people are saying in their normal talking speed, why am I going to a school in the U.S. right now? What if I can not understand my classes and what if I don't get along with the people in my school? Questions are floating around me, I could not make them dissapear. Questions that are doubting my decision were flying around like flies, annoying but I got nothing to do to let them stop. I remembered how I promised my dad and my mom that going to the U.S. will make me a better person with better education and it will be so much better on everything comparing to Taiwan. My parents doubted my decision and thought I'm too childish to come alone for school, I persuaded them and made them believe in my decision. But who knows, when my parents agreed and satisfied about my plan, I was doubting the plan and decision myself. I made more friends in Taiwan, although my school in Taiwan was not that good but I got a lot of fun things to do with my friends, my parents and family are living in Taiwan, will I be able to go back for Chinese New Year and all the festivals in Taiwan? I was upset and missing Taiwan already on our ride to Cheshire Academy. 
         When I finally arrived, the campus was big and beautiful but I was still nervous. People start shaking hands with me and asked me how am I feeling. People in Taiwan don't usually be so outgoing and talkative for the first time we meet, we don't usually speak to people if we are not familiar with them. I was shy to ask what to do and where should I go for registration with my slowly English. After me and my mom set up my dorm room, she had to left with my brother for their flight that night. She started crying and my brother pulled her back to the car and tried to make jokes for her to stop her tears. I said goodbye with them and it seemed like the driver knew these kind of situations too much, he soon on started the car and wave goodbye to me with my mom opening the window saying goodbye and I remembered her saying do not worry, you'll be fine. I said back to her, I know. But actually I do not know. I was lying on my bed crying for the whole night. This was my first memory about leaving home to a foreign country. 

No comments:

Post a Comment