Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Homework 2015.12.08

Comma splice:
(Definition)
 A comma splice is used to connect and join two independence sentences. 
(Example) 
it is almost 7:45 at night, we will miss our check-in and get detention. 

Run-on Sentence:
(Definition) 
A run-on sentence is a sentence with two or more independent sentences without using any correct or appropriate punctuation and conjunction. 
(Example)
I went to Stop&Shop during my free period for some fresh fruits then I got late for my next period because I was waiting for a long time in the line to pay for my fruits and people were all upset about the long line. 

Sentence Fragment:
(Definition)
A sentence fragment is not a sentence for most of time because it is missing an independence clause. 
(Example)
When we were having our chemistry class.

Independent clause:
(Definition)
A sentence, therefore a group of words containing both subject and verb. 
(Example)
I took the trash downstairs so the room won't smell bad. 

Dependent clause:
(Definition)
A clause that gives additional information on the independent clause but can not stand by itself alone as a sentence. 
(Example)
It was very dark and scary. 

No comments:

Post a Comment