Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Thanksgiving in Paris

Marinda Hsu
2015.12.01
English lS ll
Mrs. Guarino
                                                              Thanksgiving in Paris
      This was my second thanksgiving break since coming to the U.S.. Last year's thanksgiving break was terrible because my mom sent me to a homestay, it was too boring. But fortunately, this year I met my mom in Paris, France. The first few days have been nervous because of the terrorist attack that happened in Paris. I could tell the securities are working harder, there are police and soldiers with guns around the airport and places with crowded people. But overall this trip to Paris was still interesting and beautiful, I had never been to France and any countries like this. The buildings are breathtaking, they are so old but yet so huge with neat and beautiful statues, paintings on the wall. It was interesting that I found out many of the castles are built during the Renaissance which was what we're learning in our history class. I was actually proud to know what the tour guide was explaining to other people. 
     The Eiffel Tower was so beautiful when lighted in the night when skies are dark. The first few days when we are there, the tower is lighted with blue, white and red as France's flag. But the next few days the color turned back into normal yellowish light which I liked more. I felt lucky and relieved that me and my mother were safe for this trip. Over all, this was really a fun and new experience for me, I really liked France with all these well preserved ancient buildings. Another thing that was memorable was eating our dinner on a ship with glass roof and Windows on the Seine River. It was too beautiful as the ship rolled down the river and all these lighted buildings and bridges appeared into my vision. I would admit that as people have been saying that France is definitely a place with romance! 

No comments:

Post a Comment